Anyone who has or knows someone affected by a CHD is welcome, as is anyone who doesn’t but would like to show their support and/or find out more about this defect. It is not solely for the UK as we would like to help as many people as possible. It affects people all around the world.
- To educate and raise awareness of Congenital Heart Defects.
- To support and help adults, young people, children and their families
ALL over the UK.
- Help with ongoing research on or into Congenital Heart Defects.
- Promote/Campaign for the need for testing prior to birth with the use of (Echocardiograms) and on newborns (neonatal).
- Promote/campaign to have all newborns (neonatal) tested for congenital heart defects with the use of pulse oximetry.
- Pulse oximetry to become one of the required tests to determine heart problems in newborns (neonatal). There are currently two which obviously do not pick them up because it is normal for neonatals to have murmurs in the first 24 hours whereas a pulse oximetry will determine the amount of oxygen in a neonatal.
- To get the media more interested in what it means to be born with a CHD and what the future is like for first generation of survivors.
- To get the media to inform the general public correctly about CHDs.
- To educate the public the differences between congenital heart defects and coronary heart disease.
Just imagine that you work with people every day and never noticed that they have a heart defect or went through major surgery. You wouldn’t know just by looking at the person. CHD is not visible, our scars are hidden.
Organ Donor Register:
In memory of:
Lewis Prior and Zoe Chambers
If you haven’t signed up to become a donor yet, then please click on the ‘Signed up yet?’ picture
Please help us to improve this website: if there are any inaccuracies on our pages, please email us with what is wrong, what you would put instead, and a reference that we can check.